Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"
NOTE: This recipe comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by Fawn Christopher
Contributed by Claudine Benson
Adapted from Raw Food / Real World
· 3 cups seeded watermelon plus 1 cup seeded watermelon, diced small (keep separate)
· 1 cup seeded tomato, diced small (about 2 tomatoes)
· 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
· 1/2 cup red/green bell pepper, diced
· 1 green onion (white plus 1” green), minced
· 1 t Fresh ginger, sliced & minced
· 2 T fresh lime juice
· 1 t sea salt (or Real Salt)
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Puree 3 cups of seeded watermelon
2. Combine all ingredients
3. Stir to combine. Chill.
4. Ladle into chilled soup bowls & serve.
Note: While seedless watermelons are much easier to handle, they are highly hybridized (the same goes for seedless grapes and citrus), which changes both texture & flavor. Hybrid plants are generally inferior to original wild plants, with less minerals and a lower life force. So for raw food purposes, they are an inferior product.