* 4 large russet baking potatoes, baked and cooled slightly
* 4 c cubed winter squash (ie. Butternut, Hubbard or Banana)
* 1/2 c finely grated onion
* 1 garlic clove, pressed (or more according to taste)
* 1 T cumin
* 2 T parsley
* 1/3 c olive oil
* 2 T Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
1. Steam squash cubes in steamer basket until very soft.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and gently scrape pulp from skin, being careful not to tear skin, reserve skins.
3. Combine squash, potato pulp, onion, garlic, cumin, parsley, olive oil and Liquid Aminos. Mash thoroughly and whip with electric mixer until no lumps are left.
4. Fill reserved skins with mixture. Brush tops with additional olive oil and dust with paprika. If potatoes have cooled significantly, reheat under broiler for 7-10 minutes, otherwise serve immediately.
Yield: 4 large stuffed potatoes
I like to scrape a fork over the tops of the potatoes to make them look pretty.
This recipe was given to us by Traci from Thayne, Wy.
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"
for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes