A Perfectly Mucusless blender Mayonnaise!
* 1/2 cup whole raw almonds soaked in distilled water for 24 hours
* 1/2 cup distilled water
* 1 tsp nutritional yeast
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
* 1/2 tsp sea salt or salt-free seasoning, such as kelp or Vegit
* 1-1 1/4 cups 100% expeller pressed safflower oil
* 3 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
* 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
1. Peel almonds. After soaking for 24 hours, peels should be easy to remove.
2. Place almonds in blender with 1/2 of water, blend until smooth, adding more water as necessary.
3. Stop blender and add any remaining water, yeast, garlic powder and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Remove insert from top of blender. With blender running on low, drizzle oil in a thin stream until it suddenly becomes thick, somewhere between 1 and 1 1/4 cups.
5. Add lemon juice and vinegar, blend 1 minute longer until it reaches desired consistency.
6. Refrigerate tightly sealed, up to 10 days.
Occasionally blender mayonnaise will not thicken as expected. I have been making it for 3 years and had about 5 batches fail. The many times it was successful, however, made it well worth it.
This recipe was adapted from Marilyn Diamond's "The American Vegetarian Cookbook"
This recipe was given to us by Traci from Thayne, Wy.
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"
for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe.